RE: Technical vs Implementation Guides?

Subject: RE: Technical vs Implementation Guides?
From: "Rick Bishop" <rickbishop -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'wawelsmok'" <wawelsmok -at- o2 -dot- pl>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:02:21 -0500

Pete: We normally consider an implementation guide to be one that
just gives the customer the minimum information required to accomplish
the task and is usually procedure based. If they have problems or
need more help they should refer to...
The technical guide can contain procedures, but more often is a
compendium of:
. Background, history, scope, ROI, etc.
. Great detail on how a system functions.
. System and network architecture/infrastructure drawings.
. Sub-net and server ip addresses.
. Why it does what it does.
. Defines expected outcomes.
. Warns of possible errors and fixes/workarounds.
. Exceptions that may be needed if your hardware/software/network is
different from the standard setup.
. Links to downloadable resources.
and more...
Rick