RE: Safari at O'Reilly books?

Subject: RE: Safari at O'Reilly books?
From: "Margaret Hassall" <Margaret -dot- Hassall -at- computershare -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "Nancy Allison" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:39:17 +1000

I have the 10 book option and mostly I like it. It means you can put up
to 10 books on your available shelf at any one time. If I am learning
something new, I have full access to a range of books.

However, and this is the bit I don't really like, a book has to stay on
the shelf for a month. I would really like to be able to look up a
reference one day, and remove the book straight away, as it was only the
reference I wanted.

I could live with access to 10 books at a time, but over the course of a
month, I'd prefer to be able to change that 10 a bit more often.

And when you are browsing books that are not yet on the shelf, the
access to table of contents and sample chapters is good. You can browse
the entire book, but it only shows a bit of the page, which is often
next to useless. When you have half a dozen similar books and you want
to pick one for your shelf (because you are running out of room), not
even seeing the first paragraph of a chapter is a bit annoying.

It is still workable, though, and I still keep my subscription.

And beware, every now and then a book needs 2 positions on the shelf!

cheers,
Margaret