Re: New position? - FEEDBACK NEEDED

Subject: Re: New position? - FEEDBACK NEEDED
From: <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:27:37 -0400

A. You can do it! Every manager has private qualms about his or her ability
to manage, and yes, there are certain writers who can make managing difficult.

B. Do not focus on negatives, now or while managing. Set your people up to
succeed. Keep your own manager out of your writers' hair. You do not need to
be an expert. You need to find experts and get their assistance.

C. Get a weekly report from every writer. Give a weekly report to your manager,
and outline (1) where we are now, (2) what we plan to do and (3) any problems.
in all reports.

D. Don't "grab the reins." Don't grow pointy hair. Good luck!

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList