Re: help with URL registration?

Subject: Re: help with URL registration?
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Traci Pearson <pearsontechcomm -at- comcast -dot- net>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:24:00 -0700 (PDT)

1. Go to www.betterwhois.com and look them up.
2. Each registration record will tell you:
a. Who is the registrar
b. To whom it is registered
c. Expiration date
d. DNS server information
3. If you are still the registered owner of these
domains, go to the registrar and find out how to log
into your account.
4. Find yourself a web host. I recommend
www.dreamhost.com. Avoid pair networks and godaddy.
5. Purchase hosting at your webhost. They will tell
you what DNS information you need to enter with the
registrar to point those domains toward your new
hosting.

--- Connie Giordano <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com> wrote:

> > Since I paid for a number of years of "ownership"
> > of the URLs, I assume I still "own" them, but I
> > don't know how to confirm this or to transfer the
> > URLs to a new ISP/web hosting service. And, if
> > I've let the "ownership" of the URLs lapse, how
> > do I re-register them if I haven't yet picked a
> new web hosting service?

User Interface design blog
http://user-advocacy.blogspot.com/
Code::Design::UI::Consulting