RE: Simply

Subject: RE: Simply
From: "Van Boening, Tammy" <Tammy -dot- VanBoening -at- Fiserv -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:47:48 -0600

In previous lives, so many of my editors enforced (sometimes, almost
violently!) this rule:

Keep the word count down. Avoid conversational terms that add word count
without adding meaning.

So, "simple" or "simply" was always struck down with a single swipe of
the dreaded red pen.

TVB

Tammy L. Van Boening
Senior Technical Writer
Fiserv Insurance Solutions
Property and Casualty Division
303-729-7733
tammy -dot- vanboening -at- fiserv -dot- com
Keep smiling, at least until you get your own way.