Re: Simply

Subject: Re: Simply
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: techwr -at- genek -dot- com
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 15:41:57 +0800

Yes, I agree that online manuals do support sales to the extent that the
prospective buyer comes away with a good impression of the product. I've
done that myself--looked at the index, read an explanation of a concept
that I already understand, read an explanation of a concept that I don't
already understand, read a procedure that I would be likely to use, and
so on.

They can also hinder a potential sale by conveying a general air of
crappiness--lots of errors, auto-generated index, incoherent
explanations, poor organisation.

What I doubt has ever happened in the history of the world is that
someone was persuaded to buy a product because the first page of the
manual congratulated them on their purchase, or lauded the product as
being simple, powerful, advanced, popular, user friendly, industry
leading, blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Stuart

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList