Re: Missing fonts

Subject: Re: Missing fonts
From: Jan Cohen <najnehoc -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 23:50:17 -0700 (PDT)

There is one other thing you can do to avoid having to reinstall InDesign. If you know you have the "missing" fonts in question on hand, and you're willing to purchase a font management program like Extensis Suitcase, you can activate the missing fonts by way of that font management program.

Suitcase is a little on the steep side at $100--, but there are a couple of other programs out there (e.g., Proxima Software's Font Expert) that are somewhat less expensive and do just as good a job.

Btw, Lakshmi, you might want to also have a look at Adobe's Error "...fonts...are not currently available..." (InCopy CS2, InDesign CS-CS2) Technote for more info about the issues you're having. It's available via http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=323779 .

jan cohen

Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote: I've run into this before. You've probably installed or updated something
that had its own version of fonts with these names. Although fonts display
themselves to you by name, they identify themselves to the system and
apps by code numbers, and your new fonts have different code numbers
even though they display with the same names and have overwritten
other fonts with the same names, so the app that is looking for its old
font codes doesn't recognize the new ones. This mostly seems to happen
when the conflicting apps are by (surprise!) Adobe and MS. The only
solution I have found to this is to reinstall the app that thinks the fonts
are missing and let it reinstall its fonts.

Gene Kim-Eng

"Lakshmi Ramachandran" wrote

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList