RE: Finding errors in manuals?

Subject: RE: Finding errors in manuals?
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 08:36:24 -0400

My work is reviewed and approved by SMEs, then by managers. Then it's easy prey for users, internal auditors, and third-party auditors -- as well as the occasional FDA, USDA, or OSHA inspector. They find everything from picky stylistic disagreements to "oops, we meant to implement that system but never quite got around to it..."

Here's the trick I learned in college: always include a few harmless errors so the professor doesn't dig deeper to discover that the entire foundation of the logic in your reasoning is fatally flawed.

Authentic Navaho blankets contain a tiny error somewhere so the gods won't get jealous.

Perfection is never appreciated, so don't yourself up beat.

Dori Green

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList