Re: Response to RFP help

Subject: Re: Response to RFP help
From: "Connie Giordano" <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com>
To: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>, "" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 13:32:48 -0500

Google provided 572,000 hits... Anything from Shipley is going to be useful for US Federal government. RFP's in the private sector can vary even more than in the public, so a single template to suit every purpose would be impossible.

Generally most government and private sector RFP responses that I've worked on have included (at a minimum):

Executive Summary
Understanding the Requirements
Technical Approach
Management Approach
Staffing
Planning
Metrics/Measurement
Pricing

The details can range from a few to a few hundred pages. I know it's not much help, but this list might give you a starting place for templates that you can try out, merge and refine to your specific needs. You gotta tell them you understand the problem, the underlying causes and issues, what you will do to solve it, how you will do it, when you will do it, how you will tell if it's solved, and how much it's going to cost. And throughout all of it, you tell them why you and your solution is the only one that fits the bill.

Connie P. Giordano
The Right Words
Communications & Information Design
(704) 957-8450 (cell)

www.therightwords.com
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney