Re: Custom Variables/Fields in Word 2003?

Subject: Re: Custom Variables/Fields in Word 2003?
From: linda_sims -at- vanguard -dot- com
To: " TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, " WORD-PC" <WORD-PC -at- liverpool -dot- ac -dot- uk>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:05:41 -0400

I wrote on 05/30/2007 02:13:17 PM:

> I'm creating a template that will be used by folks with a more-or-less
> entry-level skill at using Word. What I want to do is create two fields
> that they can fill in in the main body of the document (Location Code
and
> Location Name) that will be picked up in a header. I'm including section

> breaks since the two fields (and hopefully headers) will change every
few
> pages. I've done very little work with Word's fields, form fields, and
> variables, so I don't know if this is even possible.

<snippage>

And I was most speedily answered.

StyleRef with custom character codes is doing EXACTLY what I want it to
do, and I will be sure to include instructions to anyone using it
regarding the importance of applying those styles if they want the headers
to work. I've already inserted correctly formatted form fields into the
template and put the entire form that has to be filled in as an autotext
entry inserted using a custom toolbar. It's as close to foolproof as I can
make it (which isn't to say that someone else can't make it even more so,
but this should do the job).

_Many_ thanks to all who answered.

Lin Sims
The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion
of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was
accessed.

> (note: STILL x-posted to TECHWR-L and WORD-PC lists)

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the property of, Vanguard. The information is intended for use solely by the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is prohibited, and please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail from your system.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList