Re: This too is technical communication

Subject: Re: This too is technical communication
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: Emily Berk <emily -at- armadillosoft -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 09:58:52 -0700

Emily Berk wrote:
> The question is when does the writer cry uncle and admit that she understands just about nothing of all the source materials she's looked at and can't even imagine where to start

I've heard it called _spin cycle_, by analogy to a car spinning its
wheels without traction. Or maybe something to do with a washing machine.

I'm sure a lot of tech writers end up in a similar-sounding situation,
but for the other reason--unqualified for the project work they've taken
on.

In either case, the way out is to come clean and let the team decide if
you're to be folded with the laundry or torn up for rags :-) Yours is a
good example of doing the right thing. Thanks for sharing.

Ned Bedinger
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList