RE: This too is technical communication:

Subject: RE: This too is technical communication:
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Gordon McLean <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 08:58:48 -0700 (PDT)

We're all saying the same thing here. Trying to get
employers to understand what we do is equivalent to
showing them they need it, since what we do is
integral to the business process.

--- Gordon McLean <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>
wrote:

> Trying to get employers to "understand what we do"
> is a dead end, because
> "what we do" is whatever the employer is willing to
> pay us to do. What
> needs to be sold to employers is the case that they
> need something that we
> can do.

User Interface design blog
http://user-advocacy.blogspot.com/