RE: Automatic editing?

Subject: RE: Automatic editing?
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>, "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>, <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>, "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:54:21 -0500

I'm reasonably confident, despite speculation to the contrary and being
well aware that even AP makes mistakes on deadline (I once spent a
summer as wire editor of the newspaper in Tyler, Texas), that we don't
have AP to blame for this. Far more likely that it was the "creativity"
of someone at KLTV. Here's the AP story:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/TX_HEROIN_MIX_TXOL-?SITE=TXMCA&SE
CTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT.

Jim