RE: New to FrameMaker

Subject: RE: New to FrameMaker
From: "Sam Beard" <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com>
To: "Nina Rogers" <Nina -dot- Rogers -at- DrakeSoftware -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:01:22 -0500

Nina,

There's a simple way, albeit not quite as simple as you're talking
about. You can type CTRL-q-. and that will insert an arrow like you
want. Also, I'm sending you a PDF file that is a listing of the FM
Character Sets, which includes that one as well as many others. For
example, you can insert a hard space by typing ESC-(hyphen)-h, a
plus/minus symbol by typing CTRL-q-1, and many others. I made a cheat
sheet that I keep on the base of one of my monitors and refer to this
for the most common ones we need.
Congratulations on the new job and best of luck! Frame isn't too hard
and works MUCH better than Word for many things, once you get used to
it!

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer
OI Analytical