Info Mapping and Writing structured content

Subject: Info Mapping and Writing structured content
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Barry Campbell" <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:49:41 -0500

For example, there's been a discussion on the Framers list about
Frame-equivalent approaches to common Word editing and navigation
techniques. Distilling the answers, apart from separately purchased
plug-ins and scripts, might look something like this after Information
Mapping:

ACTION METHOD

Display book window 1. Open book
first.
2.
ALT+W+1

Go to page in book but not current document 1. CTRL+TAB to cycle
through open windows within FM.
2.
CTRL+G to go to a page or insertion point.

Return to last place edited IF: Insertion
point unchanged
THEN:
Press left arrow then right arrow.

Display same document in two windows 1. Launch second
instance of FM (view only.
2. Open
same file in second window.

Return to followed cross-reference * Within same
document: Esc vP
* Other
document: CTRL+TAB