PDF and context sensitive help II

Subject: PDF and context sensitive help II
From: "Jim Rountree" <James -dot- Rountree -at- vision-bio -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:01:32 +1000

Hello all ... my first email to the group.

In Feb 2003 Bethany Rusbasan asked if it is possible to get context
senstive help links into a pdf. Lack of response to that question, and
some other comments I gleaned from the archives, suggest the answer is
no.

So I'm guessing that's still the case, but it would be great if I could
be told otherwise.

We currently write in Frame Maker and convert the user manual into PDF
and online Help with WebWorks publisher. It's not a huge problem
getting the online help files, but with several translations to do, I'd
rather skip this step entirely.

Thanks
Jim

Jim Rountree
Technical Writer

Vision BioSystems Pty Ltd
495 Blackburn Road
Mt Waverley VIC 3149
Australia

telephone: +61 3 9211 7587
facsimile: +61 3 9211 7401

www.vision-bio.com <http://www.vision-bio.com/>

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. Any
retransmissions, dissemination or other use of these materials by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. Our
liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. [Any
representations or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of Vision Systems Limited].

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList