Re: Employment question

Subject: Re: Employment question
From: "Michael L. Wyland" <michael -at- sumptionandwyland -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:58:22 -0500

Gene:

I'm bemused by the political passion tapped by this thread. My
wife/business partner and I are of opposite political party
affiliations and different sides of the "center line" that
delineates, and often divides, left from right, progressive/liberal
from conservative/reactionary, etc. We're also almost opposites on
the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) scales. Almost everything
about us is different, yet we work well together and live well
together. In fact, we're often complimented by clients on how well
we model diverse teams in action.

Do we always agree? Of course not!! Do we sometime argue, get
upset, and become tempted into unproductive behaviors and
actions? Absolutely! In those times, we remind ourselves that our
diversity is a strength, and that our reactions are a matter of
deeply-held convictions not always being communicated
clearly. Hence, the periodic need for re-forming and re-norming the
team I mentioned in my response to Al. Asking those silly "Why are
we here?" and "What is our goal?" questions really can help a team
get back on track and communicate.

Michael L. Wyland
Sumption & Wyland
818 South Hawthorne Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57104-4537
(605) 336-0244
(605) 336-0275 (FAX)
(888) 4-SUMPTION (toll-free)
michael -at- sumptionandwyland -dot- com

Since 1990
Strategic Planning * Executive Coaching * Training & Facilitation *
Grantsmanship

http://www.sumptionandwyland.com
-- free e-newsletter sign-up
-- Article, "Buffett's Gift to Gates Foundation - What Does $60
Billion Really Mean?"

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList