Re: FM ToC problem

Subject: Re: FM ToC problem
From: "Eric Dunn" <dunn -dot- eric -dot- l -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Lakshmi Ramachandran" <lakshmi -dot- ramachandran -at- switchcore -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:28:10 -0400

On 6/26/07, Lakshmi Ramachandran <lakshmi -dot- ramachandran -at- switchcore -dot- com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem I need to fix urgently. I have a FrameMaker book with
> several books within it. When I update the master book I'm not able to
> get one thing right. The master ToC is correct, but the ToCs for the
> books within the master books seems to think that the numbering for each
> book starts from 1. Would someone know why?
>

> Regards
>
> Lakshmi

The answer is simple, the "solution" less so.

FrameMaker does not support Books in Books. Unless there is some new
functionality added in FrameMaker 7.1, 7.2 I'm unaware of. In all
honesty, I was certain from a long time ago that book files could not
be put in books so have never tested what the possible results of
updating and printing such a construct might be.

Ask the question on the Framers list and others will be able to elaborate.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList