Re: The Death Of TWing was Nuts

Subject: Re: The Death Of TWing was Nuts
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Dori Green <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:24:38 -0700 (PDT)

> Lots of TWs have had to move around, even live in hotel rooms for
> good contract jobs too far from home for a regular commute. I did
> it for several years and it wasn't all bad. Darn those non-progressive
> "no telecommuters" places anyway!

Even though my manager allows me to telcommute as much as I want (we even have four writers who live around the country), for the last year, I've had an apartment 9 minutes from my job. My job in White Plains is 92 miles/3hr commute each way from my house on the New Jersey shore. I come up on Sunday night and I go home Friday afternoon.

I do it because I've been here 15 months and still don't have a comfortable grip on our technology and applications (though I'm getting closer) and it's better for what I do if I can walk to a developer's or QAer's cube and ask questions directly. I figure another year and I can leave the mother ship, then I may look at the areas around either Cape Code, Hilton Head Island, or Arizona.

OTOH, I haven't given up on the RV...the ones who have been on the list for a while will know what I mean.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"They say everyone needs goals. Mine is to live forever.
So far, so good."

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList