RE: 40-hour weeks (was Re: FWD: Lack...)

Subject: RE: 40-hour weeks (was Re: FWD: Lack...)
From: Richard Lewis <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: richard -dot- melanson -at- us -dot- tel -dot- com, DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 07:08:36 -0700 (PDT)

Is 40 hours a week adequate? Alot depends upon the established level of paranoia in an organization. (As Business Week points out, the primary purpose of top-level management consultants is to determine the proper level of paranoia in an organization.)

If management dictates a high level of paranoia, then things like working 40 hour a week and eating lunch away from you desk may very well be frowned upon. I have worked for a few companies were business was not doing so good. So getting as much free overtime as possible (and therefore, reducing unit labor costs) truly was a high priority - and everyone knew it. I am currently working at a company that has good earnings. There is alot less need to chronically work extra hours.

Richard Lewis

richard -dot- melanson -at- us -dot- tel -dot- com wrote:
I am just happy to be employed, and at a good company with good people to work with. I consider myself very lucky to be in the position I am and if extra hours are needed, I am happy to offer them up. Consider the alternative, we could be unemployed!!
Rick