Re: Document Creation/Change

Subject: Re: Document Creation/Change
From: Mary Arrotti <mary_arrotti -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net, 'Techwr-L List' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:58:17 -0700 (PDT)

So, it's not only that PMO will control how & what docs are stored in Sharepoint but also how & what docs are created and updated by the doc group. Is that correct?

Whether this is unusual or an issue really depends upon how you're organized. If you are part of PMO (as I am) then this doesn't seem completely strange. However, if you don't report into PMO - then yes this is unusual and there's the potential for inefficiencies and unnecessary checks & balances for you and your work.

Who or what group do you report to? How do they feel about having management of docs taken from them or you?

I don't think it's necessary for the doc team to expect to own all docs produced throughout the org. But I do think it efficient if they own and manage the docs they produce.

James Barrow <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net> wrote:
The PMO changed the process so that all
document templates and requests for new documents has to be approved by
them. Once approved, all meetings that the tech writers conduct with SMEs
has to be approved by them also. To top it off, once a tech writer submits
a doc to the PMO, he or she gives up all control of that document, meaning
that I only have read-only access to the documents that I created...unless
special permission is granted.

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList