Writing marketing product text interesting diversion

Subject: Writing marketing product text interesting diversion
From: "Daniel Ng" <kjng -at- gprotechnologies -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:05:36 +0800

Recently had to write a short half page length text as packaging filler.

Some reinforcement of principles I learned about writing persuasively.

It did take me longer to write this than the regular manuals and guides,
considering the amount and time spent. In my first five drafts it read a
little bland, (money, engineering, quality, process blab la...then I
thought I'd look at the text on the back of an Adobe Illustrator box.
Then I started rewriting the whole thing again with words like 'power',
' time', 'save', ' freedom', 'drive', faster, easier.
Words that aren't naturally occurring in my regular
readings...Readjusted my sentence structure as well. i guess those 10
most powerful marketing buzz words plus some extra does help to spice up
and drive some emotions in the reader. Makes me feel better too.

Daniel

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList