RE: Software Manuals

Subject: RE: Software Manuals
From: "Johnson, Joyce" <JJohnson -at- abc-sg -dot- com>
To: "Caroline Tabach" <caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:15:49 -0500

Thanks for your input. Here goes with some specific information:

The application is used with automated pharmacy dispensing hardware.
Typical users are nurses, pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians. These
people want to know how to do a variety of specific tasks, from
dispensing to returning items to stock.

And the main discussion we are having is as follows. One side believes
that online help is sufficient to assist users with the software, and
that printing the online help and adding an introduction will suffice
for a software manual. There will be no screen captures in this
deliverable. The other camp is in favor of producing a software manual
with appropriate screen captures - that is, when they are necessary to
provide users a look at where to find something, how to complete a task,
what happens when you click an option, etc.

I appreciate your willingness to share your ideas on this issue.

Joyce