Re: "Tech writers" are not "tech writers"

Subject: Re: "Tech writers" are not "tech writers"
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:18:59 -0700 (PDT)

I judge writers of technology as a I judge writers of literature. I
care about the quality of the thinking in the output, and nothing else.
I'm also familiar with how envious people get and why they tend to
become so critical that they "accidentally overlook" that point.

I'll check out some of Jim Seymour's work. One can both be good and
fact-check aggressively, although some of the best minds in history
have cared less about details than getting the logic right.

--- David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Dvorak a "good" technology writer? HAHAHAHAHAHA!
>
> I had to work with him, among others, when the first 486 computers
> were launched. He had an outsized ego and wasn't very good at fact
> checking then, and the primary thing he has exhibited in the many
> years since is consistency...on both counts.

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList