Re: The coming predominance of user experience andtechnicalcommunications

Subject: Re: The coming predominance of user experience andtechnicalcommunications
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:02:01 -0700

You can probably sign me up for the curmudgeon club as well.
A writer who knows enough about the product's applications
and users to be able to look at a dummy UI or alpha build and
say, "our users will understand features a, b, and c, but not d, e,
and f," or, "this button sequence doesn't support the normal
workflow our users employ to accomplish this task" is gold; a
writer who just knows how to ask the same questions a user
will is not really providing anything we don't already get from
customer feedback.

Gene Kim-Eng