RE: How to...

Subject: RE: How to...
From: "Wroblewski, Victoria" <victoria_wroblewski -at- usr -dot- com>
To: "Kevin McLauchlan" <kmclauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:18:59 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin McLauchlan

> It was a project manager,
> trying to keep everybody informed about the status and upcoming
> actions/requirements (from each department) for all the product
release
> schedules she's overseeing - and also to get everybody's input
regarding
> problems, schedule-changing resource or timing problems, etc.

Walk in to the meeting with an available phone line and a list of the
contact numbers for the key people at the meeting. Many of our status
meetings tend to end up turning in to bug reviews, design discussions,
and many other things.

Some people give status to the PM before the meeting. Others wait until
the meeting. However, if the discussion is going in a direction where
there should be involvement of someone who is not in the room, the PM
will call the office phone, cell phone and whatever number available to
try and get the person to get to the meeting to handle it then.

Some meetings can be time-wasters, but it seems to make everyone a lot
more inclined to participate when you pull them in only on the important
stuff. For instances where someone is busy doing something last minute
at their desk, they can often address something for a few minutes. If
the people can't be reached... time to schedule another meeting. People
eventually learn that being at the meeting or at least available during
the time will save them from a spin-off meeting.

And if all else fails, bring cake. Everyone shows up to a meeting when
there is cake. :)

- V

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.

Thank you. USRobotics

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList