RE: Outline numbering for headings

Subject: RE: Outline numbering for headings
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Zen C'" <zenizenc -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 19:44:23 -0700

Hi Zen,

Why are Headings 1 and 2 based on no style and not Normal? Why is Heading 3
based on 2? Styles should be based on Normal so that they pick up right
font and other information kept in Normal. Base styles on other styles when
a style specifically needs to inherit information from the base style.

Remove all outline numbering however you put it there. Go into Format >>
Styles and Formatting. Select and modify Heading 1 and add the outline
formatting there. Select an outline numbering style that isn't jacked, like
one of the default options. See if the numbering will behave properly. If
numbering is correct, then make whatever customizations you need in the
style.

I need a little more information before I can understand why you are having
numbers and the first character on one line and the heading on the next.
Removing the current numbering and adding the number as I describe could
correct the problem. If it doesn't, then I will need more information so I
can reproduce the error.

Lauren