RE: I've been wrong all along...more pictures less words

Subject: RE: I've been wrong all along...more pictures less words
From: "Wilhelm, Joel" <jwilhelm -at- athenati -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:24:14 -0400

One of the arguments that the Roman Catholic Church used to make for
stained glass windows and paintings was that they were books to those
who could not read. In our age with the loss of focus on reading and
comprehending long texts, I think the argument for pictures is strong.
Also, think of a standard text with no pictures vs. an illuminated
manuscript from Medieval times - I prefer the illuminated text as it
makes the text more attractive and assists in thinking about the scenes
portrayed in writing. Also, now that we have so much technology
available to us for embedding pictures with text, vs. simple
typewriters, why not avail ourselves of this technology?

Joel