Re: Automating repetitive task?

Subject: Re: Automating repetitive task?
From: Scott Russell <s_w_russell -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: maker -at- verizon -dot- net
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:27:30 -0400 (EDT)

Nancy:

Yes, Visual BASIC for Applications procedures, which
the macro recorder creates, can access other
Microsoft applications and work with their objects,
such as Word creating an e-mail; populating the To,
CC, BCC, Subject, and Body sections; and attaching a
document. However, you would have to write these
procedures yourself after creating the appropriate
references to the applications.

The macro recorder only works within individual
applications, rather than across applications. Its
audience seems to be those users who work with Word
enough to want to automate repetitive procedures,
but who don't work with Word deeply enough to want to
write their own procedures.

Hope this helps,

Scott Russell

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/s_w_russell%40yahoo.ca