To any Flare Users out there-A Searching Question

Subject: To any Flare Users out there-A Searching Question
From: Frank Dissinger <dissinger -dot- cgs -at- gmx -dot- de>
To: TechWrite List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:20:13 +0200

Hi Babara,

Thank you for the hint with the Bolean operators. I am currently
evaluating Flare and have also found the default behavior of the help
search function little useful for me. It's good to know that you can
narrow the search by adding AND.

I'd also prefer the search function worked like that of Google. Just
enter two words and you only get help topics which contain both of these
words. If you really wanted to aggregate, you could just perform two
searches, one with the first word and one with the second.

I've also found out that, like in Google, you can search for a compound
by enclosing multiple words in double quotes. If you enter "system
variables", for example, you only get topics that have exactly this term.

Regards,
Frank

Frank Dissinger · /Technical Writer/

CGS Publishing Technologies International GmbH
Kettelerstr. 24 · 63512 Hainburg · Germany

info -at- cgs -dot- de · http://www.cgs.de

Phone: +49 (0) 6182 9626 0
Fax: +49 (0) 6182 9626 99

Commercial Register: Offenbach, HRB no. 21495
CEO: Jan de Maeyer, Andreas Kämmerer

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList