RE: OT-Need Wireless Laptop?

Subject: RE: OT-Need Wireless Laptop?
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Geoff Hart'" <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "'Jacque Foreman'" <foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 19:44:26 -0700

I don't think that it's off-topic to discuss where to get TW tools. We
discuss software all of the time and I don't think that a hardware purchase
should be considered off-topic.

It is difficult to find a good laptop for less than $500, but if your friend
can come up with a little more money, then http://outlet.dell.com can be a
good resource, although they changed their site a bit so it took me a few
clicks to get the "stockroom,"
http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/topics/global.aspx/arb/online/en/In
ventorySearch?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh. There were four Inspiron laptops at
$489 and $499 when I checked. Inspiron desktops begin at $259. With Dell,
you get a warranty and a little bit of service.

Other manufacturers also offer refurbished machines and some also offer
credit. My brother wound up getting a refurbished HP laptop for about the
same price and comparability to my Dell.

Lauren

> Behalf Of Geoff Hart

> Jacque Foreman wondered: <<A friend and former member of this
> list is
> in dire need of a wireless laptop. Can pay $200 In Torrence

<...>

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList