Longest document in InDesign?

Subject: Longest document in InDesign?
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: Techwriter List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, Milan Davidovic <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:37:37 -0400

Milan Davidovic wondered: <<What's the longest document (# of pages)
anyone here has created in InDesign?>>

Currently, 711 pages in 20 documents. Only problem (CS, not CS2 or
CS3) is that the index feature is badly broken, which took a lot of
manual fixing of page ranges. Single-page references work fine; it's
only ranges that don't work. (This suggests to me that they simply
adopted PageMaker 7's indexing feature, which also never worked right
with page ranges.)

So no huge individual documents, but the book (see below if you want
to check it out) compiled just fine. I'm hoping to upgrade to CS3
shortly, so it'll be a while before I learn whether they've fixed the
indexing function or how much better the software works. You might be
interested in a colleague's review:
http://www.techbyter.com/2007/20070909.shtml
Bill knows software, and in my experience, his credibility is
unimpeachable.

-- Geoff Hart
ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
www.geoff-hart.com
***Now available*** _Effective onscreen editing_
(http://www.geoff-hart.com/home/onscreen-book.htm)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList