Re: Tools: Problems with Excel 2007

Subject: Re: Tools: Problems with Excel 2007
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:29:49 -0400

Testing (as my audience already know) is best performed at the joints.
Two to the 15th and to the 16th are both joints, as is two to the 31st
and to the 32nd. Numbers in the vicinity of 32,768, 65,536,
2,147,483,648, and 4,294,967,296 are thus all particularly interesting.
Numbers near zero, one and two, and the negatives and reciprocals of
those mentioned are also good joints.

Probably some tech writer originally found the problem, but was not
believed. Oops, my excess cynicism is showing through. Down! Down!!

--pn

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList