Single-sourcing in FrameMaker

Subject: Single-sourcing in FrameMaker
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:13:58 -0700 (PDT)

Recently I've been experimenting with Word, coming up
with homebrew methods for creating conditional text
and CMS processes. In Word you can set up codes that
allow you to import content from other files. I've
been wondering, is there a way to achieve the same
thing in Framemaker? For example, in Word you can set
up an Access or Excel file, and import data into your
target file from specified areas of the Access or
Excel file, so I import only the contents of one table
cell, rather than the whole table. So far, the only
Framemaker importing capabilities I know of are pretty
limited - for example in Framemaker I can import an
entire Excel worksheet, but I can't find any way to
import data from only one cell.

Anyone have any ideas?

http://tv.yahoo.com/

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList