RE: How many levels of indents and heads are reasonable?

Subject: RE: How many levels of indents and heads are reasonable?
From: "Chinell, David F (GE Indust, Security)" <David -dot- Chinell -at- GE -dot- com>
To: "Van Laan, Krista" <KVanlaan -at- verisign -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 19:31:56 -0400

Krista:

We use three levels of heading. Heading 1 is the topic title. Heading 2
and 3 are subdivisions of the topic material. When topics are assembled
into various groups, we add superior title headings: Heading Chapter and
Heading Title (for the title of a work like a book).

But Heading 1 is ALWAYS the topic title, and does not float up and down.
This helps to emphasize that the topic is the reader's unit of
experience.

We don't indent any body text. Our numbered lists, bulleted lists,
glossary lists, and step lists have hanging heads. One style with a
matching indent is used for numbered lists, bulleted lists, and glossary
lists. Another style with a matching indent is used for step lists.

Bear

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList