RE: RE: I *do* have better things to do :)

Subject: RE: RE: I *do* have better things to do :)
From: "Tariel, Lauren R" <lt34 -at- saclink -dot- csus -dot- edu>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:59:25 -0700

I would like to know what part of this thread is "on-topic" with respect to technical writing? I realize that the "better things to do" thread began as a complaint about a discussion that the Administrator had effectively ended. So the original complaint never discussed anything related to technical writing and it really was not necessary to end the previously ended thread, but some infrequent posters needed to vent. Now that the complaint-laden thread has moved into some banter about serifs on a pinhead, I really don't see where technical writing fits in. Or how complaints and off-topic are really something "better to do."

Isn't it hypocritical to complain that a discussion about typographical rules is a waste of listserv space and then follow that complaint with inane banter about nothing? That's a rhetorical question because it is hypocritical.

Lauren