Re: number of help topics per day

Subject: Re: number of help topics per day
From: jlshaeffer -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:41:17 -0400

An average of 4 hours per topic has always served me well as an estimate. Of course, every topic is different, that's why it's an average. It also seems to allow time for tasks other than writing topics, such as coding and testing macros or processing screen captures. It's nice that it has written back-up in an "authoritative" source, as well.

Also, in the days of the typewriter, 8 hours per finished page was our guideline on government contracts. With modern technology, we can cut that down to an average of 4 hours per topic (and maybe 4 hours per page, but I haven't estimated in pages for ages).

Jim Shaeffer