RE: Word 2003 - heading style includes start next odd page

Subject: RE: Word 2003 - heading style includes start next odd page
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:03:30 -0400

Bear wrote:

Each time the selection changed, the macro would have to
evaluate things.

****************

I don't doubt it for a minute, LOL! This is exactly why I'm using Word
because I must but I'm strongly lobbying for a good CMS with everything
in XTML and published as web pages on our company Intranet.

A girl can dream, can't she?

Somebody just delivered a complete re-design of a supposedly-controlled
form, complete with a completely new title, completely ignoring the fact
that we've already published two revisions of the controlled form. The
person who brought this form contacted me because he was confused about
which version he should use, as he should be! The uncontrolled version
was put out on the floor by the Quality Manager, who sat on the document
control review team for more than a year and should definitely know
better. The uncontrolled form's margins run off the page and it lacks
date, revision, source/owner, or page number indicators -- our style
guide requires all of those but I'm thinking that I'm the only one who
bothers to look at the style guide.

Sigh. It's an(other) educational opportunity.

Web pages and CMS are far in our future, I fear. We have some
foundations to build first.

Dori

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList