GIS and tech writing?

Subject: GIS and tech writing?
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:15:34 -0800

I've been noticing the proliferation of online maps in recent years.
Being an erstwhile mapping technician myself, I've been wondering what
sort of writing work goes along with with the work of geography,
mapping, and computer-based mapping with Geographic Information Systems
(GIS).

I've never worked with GIS, but I do know a lot about surveying and the
past generation of mapping tech. I'm just beginning to learn ArcGIS (the
big PC-based GIS package from ESRI, Inc), and I'd like to hear from
anyone who works in this apparently expanding field.

Thanks.

Ned Bedinger
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList