Re: STC Salary data collection

Subject: Re: STC Salary data collection
From: "Pro TechWriter" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:17:31 -0500

Well, I've just looked at the data that is available online at STC.org for
"free" (if you are a member), and I am somewhat appalled.

I must not be living in the real world or something, but the salaries quoted
look very low based on what I *know* people are making here, and based on
what I make. (I can't believe I am in the 90th percentile!) And, I am in a
state that is in the bottom four to tech writing salaries anyway.

Those numbers could set technical writer salaries back 20 years.

I'd like to know what those of you on this list think, if you have access to
the numbers. Am I totally wacked out, or do the numbers look wrong to you
too? (Gene, your input would be interesting, esp. since you are in CA).

Tell me it ain't so! Yikes.
--PT

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList