RE: How do you differentiate yourself (UserFriendly)

Subject: RE: How do you differentiate yourself (UserFriendly)
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Stuart Burnfield'" <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:56:41 -0500

Stuart Burnfield wrote:

>>I make it clear in my application that not only do I have the
right skills, my claims can be *verified*. That means being
well prepared, offering samples, being able to offer references
from *all* recent and relevant contracts (not always possible
but a useful goal), and so on.

So assuming that you really are the guy for the job, you can
stand out from the herd of optimists ("I can do that!") by
giving the client the strong impression that you can support
your claims.

BTW I understand what Milan is saying. To me, 'differentiation'
is like the stupid hat/haircut/clothes that some of the more
mediocre performers resort to in the early stages of Idol.<<

As I said before, what you do is good marketing. The idea that
differentiation means wearing stupid hats/haircuts/clothes is ridiculous.
That's not marketing yourself or your talents. That's like wearing a neon
sign that says unprofessional bozo and what you have to do is differentiate
yourself from them.

Al

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList