Re: Post current product user docs to company website?

Subject: Re: Post current product user docs to company website?
From: "V. Camgros" <camgros -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan,Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:56:34 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Kevin McLauchlan wants to know why he should or shouldn't pursue putting his product documentation on the corporate web site.

One of my developers continues to push for this (I agree with him) because he says he uses Google search to find information about everything he uses. If our product documentation isn't on the web, he can't find it that way.

He claims many/most(?) developer search this way.

You'd have to look at your user base, of course, to see whether they have this quality in common with developers, or to prove him wrong.

regards,
Vickie