RE: This or These Personnel?

Subject: RE: This or These Personnel?
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Hales-Crotchett, Nicole'" <nicole -dot- hales-crotchett -at- lmco -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:42:42 -0500

Nicole Hales-Crotchett wrote:

"I've run into a mental block and can't figure my way out. When referring
to a select group of people, would I write "this personnel" or "these
personnel?"

e.g.: Select personnel will work on this effort. This/these personnel
will assist with the testing."

In this instance, personnel is plural, ergo, it would be "this person" or
"these personnel."

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design and Award Winning
Videos
Voice/Msg: 802-872-9190
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
office and beautiful note cards for all occasions.)

" ... I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking. Better to be a
pilgrim without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold
every day." (Anon)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList