Re: Interview Follow-Up

Subject: Re: Interview Follow-Up
From: Jan Cohen <najnehoc -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Dori Green <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>, Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:24:11 -0800 (PST)

Oh, it's probably only something old fuddie-duddies like me (I didn't want to say "us" 8^) ) do. Perhaps it stems from the days before people became accustomed to receiving instantaneous gratification.

But both Gene and Lauren are right: a thank-you note sent via email is not necessarily a bad thing now-a-days. They help exemplify certain kinds of traits and initiative, especially when sent to those who performed most of the interviewing process.

I'll continue to reserve my best parchment for those higher up the food chain. ;^)

jan c.

--the thing I liked most about taking tests in elementary school was the sweet scent of mimeographed mulberry.