RE: I need help

Subject: RE: I need help
From: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
To: "Zen C" <zenizenc -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:58:19 -0500

Zen wrote:

I was just asked to do my own self evaluation by the end of the day. In
my
previous jobs goals were always set for me and have never done my own. I
am
the only technical writer, have no job description and have been with
the
company for only 5 months.

I have been asked to list 4 or 5 business goals, 5 required strengths
and
three areas of improvement.

Can you share with me goals created for you so that I can get an idea.

<<<<<

My response:

I am also a sole technical writer. Be sure to check out the Lone Writers
list. They are a great bunch of people.

I am my small company's first and only technical writer. I am loving
every minute of it.

Anywho, my original job description went something like this: " ...has
been hired to document all software and hardware systems, both internal
and external." There is plenty to do. Feel free to copy at will.

I have since expanded my range by volunteering to do the company
organization chart for HR and the unofficial personnel manual for HR. I
also volunteered to write first-time documentation for several IT
processes and procedures that had to be written down every time someone
needed them. I am now their go-to guy for this stuff and there's a job
code IT Documentation, because I asked HR to devise one. I also
volunteer whenever I see a need. I proofread business letters and help
burn CDs. Like I said, we are a small company, and everyone wears more
than one hat.

I told my day manager, anything you need help with that you think I can
help you with (even if it's outside my job description), just holler and
I will do anything I can.

Part of my job is, in my opinion, to make his job easier.

-- Craig

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList