Automatically linking online documentation topics and GUI objects/functionality

Subject: Automatically linking online documentation topics and GUI objects/functionality
From: SB <sylvia -dot- braunstein -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 03:14:13 +0200

One of the issues we have with the transition from MS Word to an Authoring
Tool is the way the GUI can be linked to Webhelp output (perhaps our only
option since it must run on Linux).

How is the linking between Documentation and GUI Tagging
(features/objects) performed? Is there a way to do this automatically or
must it be done manually?

The code (GUI object) is written in Java and is (apparently) beng updated
through XML. This is rather new and I don't know the bits and pieces. I
would just like to find out how to automatically hyperlink GUI topics and
online Documentation.

Thank you for your help,

Sylvia

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList