RH: Conditional Build Tags and Role Security

Subject: RH: Conditional Build Tags and Role Security
From: "Kelly Lucey" <kelly -dot- lucey -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:59:45 -0800

I am a RoboHelp novice and a new "Technical Writer". There is no framework
here for me creating content for an online help system for a new web-based
application created in .net.

I have RoboHelp 7 and am researching the use of Conditional Build Tags. It
seems that for the 6 companies that we are deploying this application to, I
may be able to generate Online Help for all 6 companies (single source of
content) and use conditional build tags to specify what companies see what
content.

What I am wondering is how the conditional build tags can link to user roles
and security in the data model. Can the developers of the application use
the conditional build tags to be able to link the appropriate content to the
appropriate user? The app will have its own URL for each company.

I'm so new I am not sure how to ask the question, but I know I need a
solution to building a framework for page-level help that is being deployed
in a web application that is configurable based on the company.

Clear as mud? Help!

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList