RE: Writers job description/definition

Subject: RE: Writers job description/definition
From: "Connie Giordano" <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com>
To: "'SB'" <sylvia -dot- braunstein -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:15:59 -0500

SB,

I suspect you're a really good person in a tense situation who doesn't want
to appear to be the "bad coworker" or the "nasty PHB." You've caved to his
demands/complaints too many times, and it's counter-productive in the
extreme. It's time to do the hard but right thing for you and your company.
You're already doing all the work, and building a case for a substantial
ulcer in the process. If he's a contractor, you're under no obligation to do
things his way, you do not need or have to use his supposedly fabulous
template, or accept the excuses for not doing the work. He failed to provide
the deliverables he contracted for (and your Support Manager seems to
concur)... cut him loose and move on. I bet you find that you can get a
significantly higher amount of work done when you're no longer dealing with
arguments, excuses and rework. If you can't get rid of him for political
reasons, then you should consider a move yourself... no one can handle a
stress level like this forever.

Good luck

Connie P. Giordano
The Right Words
Communications & Information Design

http://www.therightwords.com
connie -at- therightwords -dot- com

(704) 540-9985 (office)
(704) 957-8450 (mobile)

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney