Writers job description/definition

Subject: Writers job description/definition
From: "Caroline Tabach" <caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Borowik, Kristy" <Kristy_Borowik -at- lcca -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:25:55 +0200

Not only that, but often, the programmers want to tell you want the system does.
In fact, they might want to spend a long time explaining about a
really neat feature that they spent a long time developing, but in
itself is not really so useful to users.
The technical writer however, wants to tell the user how to perform
specific tasks using the system.
That is a major difference and why it is important to use the system
while documenting.

--
Caroline Tabach
Technical Writer