Re: Friday philosophical - the age thing

Subject: Re: Friday philosophical - the age thing
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "John Rosberg" <jrosberg -at- interwoven -dot- com>, "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:54:17 -0700

One of the ironic things about implementing processes and
building teamwork that enables a group to complete all its
work on schedule without the need for people to pull all-
nighters or work weekends on a regular basis is that you
make it look easy; if no other group in the company
manages to achieve this same happy state, people look
at yours and think they must be slacking off. It's another
reason why managers need to devote some time and
energy to making sure the achievements of the team and
its members get visibility and recognition from upper
management.

Don't wait for your boss to comment on your team to
have that conversation again.

Gene Kim-Eng